Thanks to Vox for the cool graphic

Arizona's First Political Blog

E-mail Anonymous Mike at zonitics4-at-yahoo.com

By Anonymous Mike, pseudonymously.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, October 30, 2008
 
Personal Thoughts...

... on personal things. Obama can wait until tomorrow

I'm still in shock that the Phillies won the World Series. I thought when we won Game 1, that was cruel in raising our expectations. When we went up 3-1, I prepared myself for bitter disappointment. When Game 5 was suspended, I thought that this was the turning of the tide, that the Rays would take the 2-day break and the removal of Hamels, and then charge back to win that game and then the next 2.

They didn't and we won. I cannot believe it. It probably won't hit me until March.

I'll readily admit I'm a sports bigamist when it come to baseball (Remember the NBA is dead to me, the Cardinals much like the frogurt is also cursed, and I'm meh about the Coyotes.) The difference between the D'backs as opposed to Eagles or Phillies is that when the former is getting blown out of a game, I get to the point where I cannot stand it and shut the TV off because after all life is too short to punish oneself over a bunch of professional athletes.

However when a Philly sports team is doing poorly, I will watch the game to the bitter end. Why? I am not exactly sure but so far I've narrowed it down to either it's doing penance for past sins or because to be miserable watching Philly sports is the role of life to which I'm born. When I was a wee lad, Philly sports teams rocked; heck once all 4 teams made their respective finals over a 12-month period. Now I understand that the early success was simply the necessary prelude to a lifetime of disappointment.

Look I'm not complaining, I'm just explaining.

Second...

For reasons far too complex to go into here, my kids won't be trick or treating this year. Therefore I won't be able to tax their Halloween candy as in past years. Which is a shame because I was going to use this year's candy haul to demonstrate the tax policies of the respective presidential candidates... whatever justification is need to get at the Milky Ways.